Chris Gayle, Left hand cricketer plays for West Indies Cricket team in International level. Chris Gayle made his International debut against India and representing West Indies in all formats. For more details check out below for Chris Gayle Wiki, Biography, Age, Profile, Height, Weight, Wife, Family and more.
Chris Gayle (Cricketer) Wiki, Age, Height, Caste, Biography, Family
|Real Name||Christopher Hendry Chris Gayle|
|Nickname||Gaylestorm, Universe Boss|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height in m||1.88 m|
|Height in Feet Inches||562″|
|Weight in Kg||98 kg|
|Date of Birth||21 September 1979|
|Birth Place||Kingston, Jamaica|
|Parents||Father – Dudley Gayle |
Mother – Not Known
Siblings – 6
|Son/Daughter||Daughter – Blush|
Chris Gayle Family & Earlier Life:
Chris Gayle was born on 21 September 1979 in Kingston, Jamaica. Gayle raised along with 5 siblings. His father Dudley Gayle was a policeman and his mother used to sell peanuts and snacks.
The destructive player from Jamaica, Chris Gayle married to Natasha Berridge. The more details about his early life are not known.
Facts about Chris Gayle:
– Teams played for: Kolkata Knight Riders, Sydney Thunder, Jamaica Tallawahs, Dhaka Gladiators, Highweld Lions, Melbourne Renegades, Lahore Qalandars, Chittagong Vikings, Karachi Kings, West Indies.
– Gayle started his cricket career with the famous Lucas Cricket Club in Kingston, Jamaica.
– Chris Gayle made his Oneday International debut against India in 11 September 1999.
– Gayle had a slow start but accelerated it in 2002 as he ended that year with 3 centuries against India.
– In 2002, he scored over 1000 runs and became third West Indies cricketer to score over 1000 runs in a calendar year along with Vivian Richards and Brian Lara.
– Gayle was named Player of the 2006 Champions Trophy, where the West Indies nearly defended the title they won in 2004, being defeated in the final by Australia.
– Gayle set the first record for the highest innings in a Twenty20 International, scoring 117 against South Africa in the first match of the 2007 World Twenty20.
– He became the first batsman to score century in T20I game and he was the first player to score century in all International formats.
– In the semi-final match of the 2009 World Twenty20 against Sri Lanka, he became the first international player to carry his bat through the entire innings in this format of the game as well.
– In an inaugural Indian Premier League auction, Chris Gayle was bought by Kolkata Knight Riders franchise.
– On 16 November 2010, Chris Gayle became the fourth player to score two triple-centuries in Test cricket after Donald Bradman, Brian Lara and Virender Sehwag.
– In November 2012, during a test match against Bangladesh, Gayle smashed a six on the very first ball of the first innings and he became the first cricketer to do this.
– In February 2015, he became the fourth cricketer to score a double century in ODIs when he made 215 against Zimbabwe.
– In 2011 IPL Auction, Gayle was bought by Royal Challengers Bangalore. He scored three centuries in IPL 4.
– As Gayle later recalled it was valuable practice ahead of the KFC Twenty20 Big Bash, where he had signed for the Sydney Thunder.
– Gayle also joined the Barisal Burners in the Bangladesh Premier League, and has scored two centuries at more than a run-a-ball.
– During IPL 2013, Chris Gayle scored record breaking 175 runs against Pune Warriors India.
– On 18 April 2017, Gayle reached the 10,000 runs milestone in T20 cricket after scoring 77 runs of 38 balls in a match against Gujarat Lions.
– On 16 September 2017, Gayle became the first ever player to hit 100 T20I sixes.
– He has scored T20 centuries in India, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe, Australia, South Africa, West Indies and in England.
That’s all about Chris Gayle Wiki, Biography, Age, Height, Weight, Family, Caste. Post your comment below and check out our latest updates.