The term “bong” comes from the Thai word “baung,” which originally referred to a bamboo tube. It now refers to a cylindrical smoking pipe used for cannabis usage. Bongs are popular cannabis consumption devices, particularly for dried flowers. They are important in cannabis culture and are also known as water pipes or by other slang meanings. Some smokers even give them names, including them in their smoking experience.
Why Does A Bong Contain Water?
Perhaps you’ve come across complicated or scientific smoking water pipes, or perhaps you’re more familiar with basic ones that include a water chamber and a bowl. Regardless of your familiarity, they all operate in the same way. Bongs are generally made up of a bowl filled with finely ground marijuana. When the cannabis is lit and burns, the smoke is pulled into the bong’s water-filled base, producing bubbles to form. This smoke then passes through the water and into the main chamber before entering your mouth and lungs. The pipe’s water filtering mechanism improves the smoking experience by eliminating dry heat and the related harshness from the smoke.
Using A Water Pipe- (Bong)
Are you prepared to discover the process of using waterpipes for smoking marijuana? Even if the sight of that intricate glass apparatus might initially feel intimidating, the actual procedure is much simpler than it appears. After you’ve taken a few draws from the bong, it will become almost instinctive a process that you’ll do almost effortlessly
- Prepare the water bong – If you just bought a bong, it may arrive unassembled. The main glass component, a downstream, and a bowl are all present. After unwrapping, clean all pieces well to eliminate any potential contaminants. Put the parts together after they’re dry. Place your bong on a sturdy platform, insert the downstream, and optionally, set aside the bowl for later packing.
- Fill the bong with fresh water – The next stage in utilizing your bong is to add water, but you must be careful not to add too much or too little. Finding the ideal water level may need some trial and error. The recommended water level for certain bongs, such as the Capsule model, is just over the silicone base to provide excellent smoke filtration while delivering a pleasurable hit. The purpose is to adequately immerse the downstream slits for filtering without inhibiting the draw. Testing near a sink assists in adjusting the water level. To calculate the ideal amount of water, it is necessary to recreate the smoking experience. It is advised that the water be changed on a daily basis.
- Pack your bowl – Packing a bowl is a fun and skillful operation in which the appropriate consistency is critical. A grinder is an important instrument for achieving uniformity, making the process more efficient, and improving the smoking experience. Grind the cannabis, then transfer it to the bowl by aligning the bowl with the rim of the grinder. Pack the bowl to your smoking tastes, making sure it’s snug but not too tight. Prepare to smoke by reattaching the bowl to the downstream.
- Light the bowl and inhale slowly – Locate a comfortable seating area with a table or counter in front of you. Place your lips on the mouthpiece and slowly inhale while holding the bong in one hand and the lighter or hemp wick in the other. As the water pipe begins to operate and bubbles appear in the water, fire the bowl. If you’re smoking alone, you can light the bowl whenever possible. If you’re with others, it’s polite to keep the lights more regulated so that everyone can enjoy the experience. When you see a red ember (cherry) in the bowl, place the lighter or hemp wick aside.
- Clear the bong by removing the bowl from the downstem – Monitoring the smoke accumulation in your water pipe’s chamber is critical if you want a pleasurable hit without overdoing it. Keep in mind that bong pulls are quite strong. When there is enough smoke in the chamber, remove the bowl from the downstream and clean the bong. Inhale more deeply to expel all of the smoke. Hold the hit for a few seconds before exhaling to let the cannabinoids reach your system. Breathe out the smoke and enjoy the ride ahead.
- Finish and ash the bowl – If you packed a one-hitter, the contents of the bowl may be completely devoured. If you have a larger bowl, you may take a pause before your next hit if you’re alone, or you can pass the bong to the next person if you’re with pals. After that, be sure to ash the bowl. To avoid residue development, dispose of the burnt cannabis in an ashtray or toilet. Leaving it in the bowl will simply make future cleaning more difficult.
- Pack another or clean it for next time – After you’ve cleaned the bowl, you’ll have to decide whether to load another bowl or take a rest. If you want to relax and enjoy the high, keep the bong in a safe spot, away from any threats. Avoid the possibility of an unintentional knockover caused by pets or kids, which might result in breaking. Keep it in a cabinet or a location where it won’t fall.
Types of Bongs
There are several designs for a bong, but they all boil down to these basic shapes:
- Gravity bongs- may be handcrafted from many household items. However, you can buy a glass one that performs far better than a handmade one.
- Beaker bongs – feature a huge chamber that can hold a large hit.
- Standard tube bongs – are available in silicone, wood, acrylic, and, of course, glass. These are the most common bongs and are used by many individuals.
- Recyclers – continually circulate water around to provide a slower but more filtered hit.
If you followed the steps, you are definitely on the right track. Try it a few times, practice a little, and you’ll be smoking a bong like a pro in no time!